Michelle Buswell plays both masculine (who we named Dolce) and feminine (obviously named Gabbana) in the November issue of Harper’ s Bazaar Singapore. She is covered in signature pieces from Dolce & Gabbana’s 2011 fall-winter collection. We love the contrast of structure and movement, pants and dress, man and woman. Sometimes you feel super girly and glam and the next day you wanna be quirky and cool. One day a flowy dress, the next a cropped pant with bright socks. Today we are Dolce and tomorrow we’ll be Gabbana. Why pick, when you can be both.
What happens when Shoppalu and CamMi Pham (@CamMiPham and @Cammilicious) join forces and takes on FashionChat? A vintage fashion-driven conversation about all things vintage by tweeps, of course. We love vintage and we know you do too. So here’s your chance to ask anything. Think you’ve mastered the art of the hunt? Come join us and share some of your secrets. Details about the event are:
Date: Thursday, December 1st. 2011 Time: 7:00pm PT | 10:00pm ET Follow the hashtag: #FashionChat
For more information about FashionChat, click here.
In light of the holiday spirit and just some plain fun and games, starting Dec. 1st we are putting an item each day on sale at 70-90% off! The catch is…it only lasts for 1 hour! It’s a flash sale after all. Stay posted on our twitter and Facebook to be in the know cause once they’re gone…they’re gone!
Pants were seen all over the Fall 2011 runways and came in all shapes and forms. From bright colours to crazy prints and 70s bell bottoms to straight cut trousers, pants are a staple of every fashion house. This week it’s all about the clean, crisp, cropped trouser. Basically everyone–from the littlest, emerging-est designers to the runway heavy hitters like Chanel, Dolce, and LV –showed some variation on the look. The best thing about a cropped pant is that you can rock them in the summer with a cute sandal AND in the winter with a great boot. They are pretty much the best way to show off that new pair of fabulous shoes you bought this weekend.
Velvet has many enemies. But why hate when there is so much to love about it? It’s comfortable and oh-so-soft! Today, we bring some of our favourite vintage, velvet treasures that we’ve hunted down for you.
Black Vevlet Top
A simple yet gorgeous one piece tunic is perfect for any occasion. Here’s your next “little black dress”. Dress this up with a pair of a heels and gold accessories and you’re all ready to go!
Burnt Orange Western Jacket
A retro cropped jacket that is perfect for a casual night out with friends. We love everything about this jacket..especially that it’s been marked. If you read our descripton, the previous owner’s name is marked on the tag inside.
Diane Von Furstenberg Velvet Cardigan
A one-of-a-kind, vintage, authentic Dianne Von Furstenberg teal blue cardigan. Silver and gold buttons adorn this beautiful piece. Pair this with a maxi skirt and a pair of chunky heels and re-live the 90s…because hey, why not right?
Velvet Floral Long Sleeve
Here’s a fab piece to go with a pair of trousers. Perfect for a day of work or just on the go. Florals prints are one of our favourite pieces. And while you’re at it, why not bring out the mixologist in you and mix-it-up!
Red Velvet Shoulder Purse
This red velvet piece is simply adorable. It is adorned with gold detailing whch makes it perfect to go with a simple piece.
Like what you see? Shop the Shoppalu closet
We love Jilly Crago! This blogger exudes THE personable west coast vibe and her Pink Tartan-esque style with an edge, make us so proud that she’s Canadian! Jill brings you her favourite style icons, handbags, and trends for the season! Check out her blog and our Q&A with the lady herself!
1) How long have you been blogging for? What made you start?
- I’ve been blogging for a couple of years now but started my personal one last March. I started because everyday I was reading my favorite blogs, magazines, or style sites and was finding amazing photos that inspired me but had no outlet to share them with others.
2) How would you describe your aesthetic?
- I would describe my blogs aesthetic as a clean slate with soft fonts and colours that accentuate each post and photo. I want it to feel like a breath of fresh air - a place where people love to go to unwind, a place where others go to be inspired just as i am. I also love gold…you’ll notice a lot of posts that talk about gold accents - goes with my blog’s slogan “when life gives you lemons paint them gold”.
3) Your perfect outfit consists of?
- for fall my perfect outfit consists of flat over the knee boots, riding pants (i just found these amazing dark green ones with brown suede on the inside at Gap!), and a chunky cream knit sweater.
4) A Fall trend you can’t live without…
- Hats! I have some incredible Kangol ones for fall that i’m loving. A little wine coloured beret, a dark flannel baseball cap with leather details, & a grey 507 (newsboys cap style). I think hats are coming back in a BIG way & I couldn’t be happier about it.
5) One thing on your bucket list you have to do…
- Travel to Greece with my boyfriend and stay in one of those tiny little white villages along the Mediterranean. Waisting away in the sun sipping sangria and living in linen…clearly i’ve thought about it a few times.
Tom Ford’s Fall 2011 Collection is a sea of seductive velvet creations that positively drip luxury. Since velvet is our obsession of the week we had to share this editorial featured in Helena Marlen Magazine starring Georgina Stojiljkovic. The designs get stripped down in these simply stunning studio shots lensed by Emma Tempest. The vivid jewels tones and intricate appliqué makes you wanna be a Ford Woman.
Unmistakably eye-catching and full of luster, velvet is making a comeback and it’s all the rage this season. It was considered a mark of luxury and distinction way back when, however, the velvet disaster of the 90s might still be haunting many. But don’t shy away just yet haters! It’s time to release the velvet of the past and embrace it’s revival of glamorous bold colours, infinitely rich textures and sophisticated silhouettes. Every woman should add a piece of the “it” fabric of fall to their wardrobes. So, cop a feel of this weeks runway report and you may be pleasantly surprised!