Posts tagged style
Posts tagged style
1. Velvet Raine Sheer Chiffon Blouse in Yellow - This is the perfect day to night blouse for the spring summer season. It’s chic and put together enough for work but the lemon-lime hue is fun enough for a night out. Pair this lemon-lime coloured blouse with a white pencil skirt for the office or studded cutoff shorts for a weekend picnic.
2. Alia Adjustable Bracelet - handmade in Kenya, this adjustable bracelet is the perfect piece to get your Cleopatra swag on since it’s adjustable. This bracelet works perfectly as an arm band or as a perfect piece in your wrist-located arm party.
3. Pan Traveling Laptop Carrier - This laptop bag makes carrying your laptop from a boring experience to a bright and fun one. It’s leather and vintage, so you know that annoying office copycat? Yeah, they won’t be able to jack your laptop bag swagger.
4. Velvet Trista Knit Pullover - This colourful striped sweater is the perfect piece for Winter to Spring transition, and the crazy weather in Toronto right now. PS - it’s May! This knit sweater is great over jeans as well as vintage cut-off shorts and just cozy enough for those cool Summer nights at the cabin or cottage.
5. Adina Reyter Gold Circle Silver Necklace - this gold circle necklace is a staple in any woman’s jewelry rotation. The simple circle design on this necklace means that it can be worn every day and on special occasions. Wear it on its own for a simple look with a silk blouse or layer it to go dancing.Hope to see you all tonight at Midnight MRKT!
So it’s the day before the big day, are you ready? Maybe you are and you’r quietly sipping some cocoa by a toasty fire or.. not and you’re scrambling at the mall to figure out what you need to get your mother’s second cousin twice removed, the cat-obsessed neighbour who unexpectedly got you a present and that hard to shop for person on your list. If you are going out, make sure you’ve got some solid Ovate outerwear on.
Whatever you situation may be, make sure you’re ready for the day after Santa’s visit. What you’ll need is a good black dress whether you’re hosting Christmas dinner or if you’ll be gobbling on someone else’s slaved over meal. If you’re in the latter position, make sure you have a great host gift to make sure you show your hosts how much you appreciate their hard labour. Olla Urban Flower Project has some amazing arrangements and living containers that will set your host gift apart. Your hosts will also appreciate that your gift is local and ethically-sourced. Check Olla Urban Flower project at our Pop Up Shop at Chinatown Experiment.
Show your holiday spirit with some festive footwear à la Charlotte Olympia or make it a blue Christmas with some of our Biko stackable bracelets for a nativity arm party. Don’t forget to use a lip pencil when doing up a bold red holiday lip. Filling in your lips with lip pencil before you apply your lipstick will ensure that you’re not reminding the kids at the table of a scary clown once the food is served.
Et voilà! A happy holiday to you and yours from Shoppalu! xoxo
The men in your life can be some of the hardest to shop for, which is why we’ve created our handy gift guide with some of Canada’s coolest. For your little brother who is always on the latest trend before anyone else has even heard of it, get him a sweater from Nozo Toronto, one of the most innovative brands to come out of the Tdot. Also check out their pop up shop on Saturday, December 22nd from 12-9pm.
For your dad who despite his age always seems to impress you with his classic style - get him a vintage treat from Duchesse Vintage. He’ll appreciate the quality and style because you know they don’t make ‘em like this any more. Check Duchesse out during our pop up shop at Vancouver’s Chinatown experiment - they’ll be staying late with us starting December 27th.
For your best guy friend, your bestie with testes, for instance get him something that will protect his phone and act as a good conversation starter with the ladies for those days when you’re not being his wing woman. If you didn’t know Handsome makes clothing for smart people - but they’ve also expanded into accessories for your iPhone5. After all this gift giving you probably want something for yourself, so check out Shoppalu’s stock of Handsome goodies.